Combining Australian bush and well-kept charming vineyards, Clare is a lesser-known wine region but perhaps the most beautiful of all.
Sevenhill is an excellent place to start your exploration: established by the three Jesuit priests who fled here in 1851 this is the region’s oldest winery, and much of the original stone architecture remains today.
The Riesling Trail is a picturesque route ideal for walkers and cyclists that leads to the small town of Auburn, where the vines are complemented by fragments of mining and settler history. Clare is within easy range of Adelaide or an excellent place to break your journey on the way to the Flinders Ranges.
Map of Clare Valley
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Clare Valley
- Barossa Valley 87 kilometers away
- Adelaide 118 kilometers away
- Fleurieu Peninsula 175 kilometers away
- Murray River 183 kilometers away
- Coorong National Park 244 kilometers away
- Kangaroo Island 248 kilometers away
- Flinders Ranges 263 kilometers away
- Eyre Peninsula 269 kilometers away
- The Gawler Ranges National Park 324 kilometers away
- Robe 381 kilometers away
- Baird Bay 404 kilometers away
- Andamooka 405 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Clare Valley
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Clare Valley. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.