Cape Jervis on the Fleurieu Peninsula is the hopping off point for the ferry crossing to Kangaroo Island.
Known for its wineries, lovely coastline, scenic hinterland and fresh local produce, this region and its close proximity to Adelaide makes it a popular getaway.
Exploring the peninsula
The remote southern coast is lined with rugged headlands and bubbling creeks that cut deep into the rock and offer clifftop views to Kangaroo Island.
The western coastline on Gulf St Vincent is just as spectacular with many beaches and the vacation towns of Normanville and Aldinga Beach. Some of the villages scattered on the peninsula date back 160 years and McLaren Vale, at the heart of the wine region, produces olives and fine wines.
Map of Fleurieu Peninsula
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Fleurieu Peninsula
- Adelaide 58 kilometers away
- Barossa Valley 99 kilometers away
- Coorong National Park 102 kilometers away
- Kangaroo Island 119 kilometers away
- Clare Valley 175 kilometers away
- Murray River 219 kilometers away
- Robe 223 kilometers away
- Eyre Peninsula 296 kilometers away
- The Grampians National Park 400 kilometers away
- The Gawler Ranges National Park 422 kilometers away
- Flinders Ranges 437 kilometers away
- Baird Bay 459 kilometers away
- Port Fairy 467 kilometers away