Visit the Grampians National Park, Australia
From the summit of Mount William, the soaring ranges of the Grampians seem to roll into the distance like an endless series of breaking waves.
Spanning close to two hundred thousand hectares the region is accessible by foot, car or canoe.
Exploring the Grampians National Park
Marked trails lead through plains of riotously colored wildflowers to Aboriginal rock art sites or the magnificent MacKenzie Falls.
The Wonderland Loop Walk, although a little strenuous in places, takes you through the Silent Street Ravine to a string of rock formations and along a curving sandstone rock face called ‘The Elephant’s Hide’, with plenty of natural rock pools for a refreshing dip along the way.
Our favorite trail is to Mount Wudjub-Guyan where the massive sandstone outcrops and eucalypt-covered slopes offer uplifting views. There is also a beautiful and tranquil walk through tall forests to Silverband Falls. With its natural beauty and indigenous wildlife, the Grampians are simply outstanding.
Suggested Grampians National Park itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in the Grampians National Park, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of the Grampians National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Grampians National Park
- Port Fairy 126 kilometers away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 159 kilometers away
- The Shipwreck Coast 173 kilometers away
- Apollo Bay 203 kilometers away
- The Great Ocean Road 205 kilometers away
- Victoria 220 kilometers away
- Robe 230 kilometers away
- Queenscliff 233 kilometers away
- Melbourne 241 kilometers away
- Mornington Peninsula 271 kilometers away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 272 kilometers away
- Phillip Island 289 kilometers away
- Coorong National Park 298 kilometers away
- Murray River 362 kilometers away
- Walhalla 370 kilometers away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 397 kilometers away
- Fleurieu Peninsula 400 kilometers away
- Adelaide 426 kilometers away
- Barossa Valley 428 kilometers away
- The Gippsland Lakes 463 kilometers away
- Stanley 467 kilometers away
- Kangaroo Island 482 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for the Grampians National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the Grampians National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.