Visit Daylesford & Macedon Ranges, Australia
Ancient volcanic eruptions, lava flows and erosion have formed this region, surrounded by the gently rising timbered mountains of the Great Dividing Range.
Rich in mineral springs the area has attracted a host of spas and therapy centers which offer an array of tantalizing treatments.
Stroll around Daylesford and browse the works of artists, sculptors and silversmiths mixed with intriguing antiques shops. Overlooking the town is the lovely Victorian Convent Gallery, a gallery of sculpture and art that is also known for its fine food and wine.
The Macedon Ranges
A short drive away are the jagged hills and thick stands of unspoiled bush of the Macedon Ranges.
The cool climate is perfect for quality wines, in particular a famed Pinot Noir, but the ranges are better-known for being the setting for the famous book and film Picnic at Hanging Rock - where intriguing walks can be made.
This is the perfect day trip or diversion en route to, or from Melbourne.
Accommodation choices for Daylesford & Macedon Ranges
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Daylesford & Macedon Ranges. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Map of Daylesford & Macedon Ranges
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Daylesford & Macedon Ranges
- Victoria 68 kilometers away
- Melbourne 93 kilometers away
- Queenscliff 113 kilometers away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 115 kilometers away
- Mornington Peninsula 136 kilometers away
- Phillip Island 159 kilometers away
- The Grampians National Park 159 kilometers away
- Apollo Bay 162 kilometers away
- The Great Ocean Road 166 kilometers away
- The Shipwreck Coast 173 kilometers away
- Port Fairy 203 kilometers away
- Walhalla 215 kilometers away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 262 kilometers away
- The Gippsland Lakes 307 kilometers away
- Metung 334 kilometers away
- Robe 389 kilometers away
- Stanley 394 kilometers away
- Coorong National Park 447 kilometers away
- Murray River 466 kilometers away
- Croajingolong National Park 470 kilometers away