Visit Mornington Peninsula, Australia
Two bays flank the Mornington Peninsula, as it pushes out into the mighty Southern Ocean. Fertile hills and lavender farms roll to the coast, with iridescent beaches and tranquil harbors.
Less than an hour from Melbourne, its laid-back lifestyle has attracted many chefs and wine makers, creating an unexpected gastronomic haven.
A retreat for artists, the ‘Artists’ Trail’ combines the scenes that have inspired some of the country’s best-known painters and with regular craft markets, especially at Red Hill, the region has an unmistakable creative buzz.
At the tip, Sorrento is a historic gem acclaimed for fine buildings, excellent eateries and galleries. The nearby ferry at Portsea links you to the Great Ocean Road so this is a great diversion from the main highway.
Map of Mornington Peninsula
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mornington Peninsula
- Phillip Island 25 kilometers away
- Queenscliff 42 kilometers away
- Melbourne 50 kilometers away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 71 kilometers away
- Walhalla 121 kilometers away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 129 kilometers away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 136 kilometers away
- Victoria 136 kilometers away
- Apollo Bay 140 kilometers away
- The Great Ocean Road 142 kilometers away
- The Shipwreck Coast 182 kilometers away
- The Gippsland Lakes 209 kilometers away
- Metung 242 kilometers away
- Port Fairy 255 kilometers away
- The Grampians National Park 271 kilometers away
- Stanley 279 kilometers away
- Croajingolong National Park 382 kilometers away
- Deloraine 386 kilometers away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 391 kilometers away
- Launceston 392 kilometers away
- Gipsy Point 409 kilometers away
- Strahan & Gordon River 433 kilometers away
- Merimbula 448 kilometers away
- Tasmania 449 kilometers away
- The Sapphire Coast 468 kilometers away
- Bermagui 482 kilometers away
Photos of Mornington Peninsula
Accommodation choices for Mornington Peninsula
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Mornington Peninsula. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Perched on a lake side in the Mornington Peninsula, the Woodman Estate occupies a stunning and peaceful location and is the perfect place to unwind and absorb the ambience and delightful scenery.