Visit Gipsy Point, Australia
Gipsy Point is a quiet holiday retreat overlooking the Genoa River that runs south into the Mallacoota Inlet, an area well known for its excellent fishing.
The little town is surrounded by the stunning Croajingolong National Park, which takes up a vast portion of what has been dubbed the Wilderness Coast, and is thought to be the first land on the east coast of Australia to be sighted by Europeans. The park protects remote beaches, tall forests, beautiful heathland, temperate rainforest, sparkling estuaries, rugged granite peaks, and is home to a variety of Australian wildlife.
Offshore, dolphin and humpback whales can often be seen and the Point Hicks Lighthouse is a popular spot to visit. The town of Mallacoota is near Gipsy Point and is a popular vacation center close to some truly spectacular surf beaches.
Map of Gipsy Point
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Gipsy Point
- Croajingolong National Park 35 kilometers away
- Merimbula 70 kilometers away
- The Sapphire Coast 101 kilometers away
- Bermagui 123 kilometers away
- Tilba Tilba 134 kilometers away
- Metung 168 kilometers away
- The Gippsland Lakes 201 kilometers away
- Jervis Bay 277 kilometers away
- Walhalla 289 kilometers away
- Kangaroo Valley 316 kilometers away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 334 kilometers away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 381 kilometers away
- Phillip Island 405 kilometers away
- Mornington Peninsula 409 kilometers away
- Melbourne 417 kilometers away
- The Blue Mountains 422 kilometers away
- Sydney 426 kilometers away
- Victoria 434 kilometers away
- Queenscliff 450 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Gipsy Point
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Gipsy Point. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.