A couple of hours south of Sydney, nestled between Shoalhaven and the Southern Highlands is this curious village.
Set in to a mountain pocket it plays host to morning mists and a mix of birdlife and offers the perfect break on a coastal drive.
Exploring Kangaroo Valley
With its quirky collection of country-style boutiques and fragrant fruit orchards it is a wonderful place to explore; take a stroll to see Hampden Bridge, a charming sandstone suspension bridge built in the 1890s, and visit the local pioneer farm museum for a glimpse into the colorful regional history and finally quench your thirst with a cool ’stubbie’ in the original stone pub.
Make sure you take time to experience the grand views from the peak of Cambewarra Mountain, twenty minutes west of neighboring Nowra, before heading north to Sydney, or south to Victoria.
Suggested itinerary featuring Kangaroo Valley
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Kangaroo Valley, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Kangaroo Valley
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Kangaroo Valley
- Jervis Bay 48 kilometers away
- The Blue Mountains 113 kilometers away
- Sydney 115 kilometers away
- Tilba Tilba 183 kilometers away
- Bermagui 193 kilometers away
- The Sapphire Coast 215 kilometers away
- Hunter Valley 231 kilometers away
- Merimbula 247 kilometers away
- Port Stephens 268 kilometers away
- Gipsy Point 316 kilometers away
- Croajingolong National Park 348 kilometers away
- Metung 426 kilometers away
- The Gippsland Lakes 457 kilometers away
- New South Wales 461 kilometers away