Visit Port Stephens, Australia
One hour north of Newcastle is the beautiful sheltered bay of Port Stephens; a haven of calm blue waters and near-deserted sandy beaches, offering boating, fishing, swimming and all kinds of adventure activities.
Home to the quaint resorts of Tea Gardens, Hawkes Nest and Nelsons Bay, and saturated with wildlife there is plenty to see and do.
With around 160 resident bottlenose dolphins Nelson’s Bay is known as ‘the dolphin capital of the world’, and in season migrating whales can be seen off the coast in the sparkling South Pacific Ocean.
For a wildlife haven the ‘human-free’ Broughton Island is just a half hours boat trip from Nelson; great for divers, sunbathers and ecologists alike it boasts secluded beach and fascinating bird and marine life in its pristine natural habitat.
Suggested Port Stephens itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Port Stephens, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Accommodation choices for Port Stephens
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Port Stephens. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Map of Port Stephens
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Port Stephens
- Hunter Valley 75 kilometers away
- Sydney 153 kilometers away
- The Blue Mountains 200 kilometers away
- Bellingen 264 kilometers away
- Kangaroo Valley 268 kilometers away
- Coffs Coast 275 kilometers away
- Coffs Harbour 287 kilometers away
- Jervis Bay 299 kilometers away
- Tilba Tilba 443 kilometers away
- Bermagui 453 kilometers away
- The Sapphire Coast 475 kilometers away
- Byron Bay 476 kilometers away
- The Northern Rivers 476 kilometers away