Visit Jervis Bay, Australia
A couple of hours drive south, or a seaplane flight from Sydney, is the gem of Jervis Bay. Home to a colonial port which once rivaled Sydney’s Port Jackson, and the dramatic ruins of a bold, beautiful lighthouse, there is significant cultural heritage to discover.
It is the perfect place to stop for a couple of nights on a coastal journey between Sydney and Melbourne.
Exploring Jervis Bay
Take a walk with an Aboriginal guide through the reserve of Booderee National Park, take a night walk to witness the habitats of nocturnal creatures, or perhaps canoe the creeks or rent a bike and cycle the bush trails. The Botanic Gardens offer further stretches of bushwalking trails and perfect picnic spots to take time out, or you can spend a sunny afternoon at Green Patch Beach, famed for its clear waters and white sands; the glistening waters are home to pods of dolphins.
Make sure you also keep an eye out for clouds of spray and swirls as humpback and southern right whales pass close to the shore between July and October on their annual migration.
Map of Jervis Bay
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Jervis Bay
- Kangaroo Valley 48 kilometers away
- Tilba Tilba 145 kilometers away
- Sydney 149 kilometers away
- Bermagui 155 kilometers away
- The Blue Mountains 160 kilometers away
- The Sapphire Coast 177 kilometers away
- Merimbula 208 kilometers away
- Hunter Valley 270 kilometers away
- Gipsy Point 277 kilometers away
- Port Stephens 299 kilometers away
- Croajingolong National Park 311 kilometers away
- Metung 399 kilometers away
- The Gippsland Lakes 432 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Jervis Bay
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Jervis Bay. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.