Visit Coffs Harbour, Australia
Coffs Harbour owes its name to Captain John Korff, who named the area Korff's Harbour when he was forced to take shelter from a storm in the area in 1847.
Its name was accidentally changed by the surveyor for the crown when he reserved land in the area during 1861. Nowadays, Coffs Harbour is known for its banana plantations, the iconic 'Big Banana' and for its great fishing.
The combination of great weather, stunning hinterland forests, sandy beaches and a growing cosmopolitan center make Coffs Harbour a popular spot for tourist seeking fun and relaxation.
Map of Coffs Harbour
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Coffs Harbour
- Coffs Coast 12 kilometers away
- Bellingen 30 kilometers away
- Byron Bay 191 kilometers away
- The Northern Rivers 191 kilometers away
- Lamington National Park 227 kilometers away
- Port Stephens 287 kilometers away
- Brisbane 316 kilometers away
- Hunter Valley 325 kilometers away
- Sunshine Coast 412 kilometers away
- Sydney 437 kilometers away
- The Blue Mountains 465 kilometers away