Visit Gipsy Point, Australia
Gipsy Point is a quiet holiday retreat overlooking the Genoa River that runs south into the Mallacoota Inlet, an area well known for its excellent fishing.
The little town is surrounded by the stunning Croajingolong National Park, which takes up a vast portion of what has been dubbed the Wilderness Coast, and is thought to be the first land on the east coast of Australia to be sighted by Europeans. The park protects remote beaches, tall forests, beautiful heathland, temperate rainforest, sparkling estuaries, rugged granite peaks, and is home to a variety of Australian wildlife.
Offshore, dolphin and humpback whales can often be seen and the Point Hicks Lighthouse is a popular spot to visit. The town of Mallacoota is near Gipsy Point and is a popular holiday centre close to some truly spectacular surf beaches.
Map of Gipsy Point
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Gipsy Point
- Croajingolong National Park 22 miles away
- Merimbula 43 miles away
- The Sapphire Coast 63 miles away
- Bermagui 77 miles away
- Tilba Tilba 83 miles away
- Metung 104 miles away
- The Gippsland Lakes 125 miles away
- Jervis Bay 172 miles away
- Walhalla 180 miles away
- Kangaroo Valley 196 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 208 miles away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 237 miles away
- Phillip Island 252 miles away
- Mornington Peninsula 254 miles away
- Melbourne 259 miles away
- The Blue Mountains 262 miles away
- Sydney 265 miles away
- Victoria 270 miles away
- Queenscliff 280 miles away
Accommodation choices for Gipsy Point
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Gipsy Point. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.