Visit the Gippsland Lakes, Australia
Th Gippsland Lakes area is a beautiful and expansive network of inland waterways. Quiet canals and light winds make this a great place to take to the water for a day with just dolphins for company.
The Gippsland Lakes, Australia
Gentle sea breezes, mountain air, villages dozing in the sun and lakes flanked by endless white sand beaches.
This area is a beautiful and expansive network of inland waterways. Quiet canals and light winds make this a great place to take to the water for a day with just dolphins for company.
Exploring The Gippsland Lakes
There are three coastal parks in the region. At Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park you can cross the slim arm of dunes that separate the inland waterways from the magnificent, ocean-front Ninety Mile Beach.
Lakes National Park is home to Lake Victoria and supports a network of bush trails draped with seasonal wildflowers and orchids. The least populated of the three parks, Lake Tyers State Park, has lofty eucalypt forests and calm waters, perfect for a day’s canoeing.
Map of the Gippsland Lakes
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Gippsland Lakes
- Metung 22 miles away
- Walhalla 58 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 89 miles away
- Croajingolong National Park 108 miles away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 120 miles away
- Gipsy Point 125 miles away
- Phillip Island 127 miles away
- Mornington Peninsula 130 miles away
- Melbourne 140 miles away
- Merimbula 154 miles away
- Queenscliff 156 miles away
- Victoria 163 miles away
- The Sapphire Coast 169 miles away
- Bermagui 180 miles away
- Tilba Tilba 184 miles away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 191 miles away
- Apollo Bay 214 miles away
- The Great Ocean Road 216 miles away
- Stanley 223 miles away
- Launceston 236 miles away
- The Shipwreck Coast 242 miles away
- Deloraine 246 miles away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 268 miles away
- Jervis Bay 268 miles away
- Kangaroo Valley 284 miles away
- Swansea 285 miles away
- Tasmania 285 miles away
- Port Fairy 288 miles away
- The Grampians National Park 288 miles away
- Freycinet National Park 292 miles away