This artistic region is in the lee of the lovely Western Tiers and is home to many idyllic valleys, which hold charming villages, such as Deloraine, that were first settled by colonial pioneers in the early 1800s.
This history accounts for the many National Trust and heritage-listed buildings located in what resembles quintessentially English landscape.
You will find sculpture trails, pottery shops, cheese factories and berry farms as you explore the area. There are also dramatic natural features, such as the lovely Liffey Falls, Mole Creek National Park’s glow worm-filled karst cave systems and the Devil’s Gullet viewing point on the rim of the Western Tiers.
Suggested itinerary featuring Deloraine
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Deloraine, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Deloraine
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Deloraine
- Launceston 26 miles away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 40 miles away
- Tasmania 41 miles away
- Mount Field National Park 78 miles away
- Strahan & Gordon River 82 miles away
- Swansea 84 miles away
- Stanley 89 miles away
- Richmond 93 miles away
- Freycinet National Park 98 miles away
- Hobart 101 miles away
- Maria Island National Park 106 miles away
- Huon Valley 106 miles away
- Port Arthur 128 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 180 miles away
- Phillip Island 225 miles away
- Mornington Peninsula 240 miles away
- The Gippsland Lakes 246 miles away
- The Great Ocean Road 248 miles away
- Walhalla 249 miles away
- Apollo Bay 249 miles away
- Queenscliff 249 miles away
- Metung 259 miles away
- Melbourne 270 miles away
- The Shipwreck Coast 272 miles away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 276 miles away