This small fishing village was named after a local schooner and despite the town becoming a resting place for many shipwrecks it oddly remains popular with fishermen.
Set in the foothills of the Otway Ranges there is a remarkable contrast between the craggy coastline and breathtaking forest wilderness.
A wander will uncover some excellent cafés and restaurants, but make sure you continue to Mariners Lookout for a stunning view back over the bay, its long sandy beach washed by deep blue waters.
Suggested Apollo Bay itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Apollo Bay, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Apollo Bay
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Apollo Bay
- The Great Ocean Road less than 5 miles away
- The Shipwreck Coast 30 miles away
- Queenscliff 64 miles away
- Port Fairy 82 miles away
- Mornington Peninsula 87 miles away
- Phillip Island 88 miles away
- Melbourne 95 miles away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 101 miles away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 120 miles away
- The Grampians National Park 126 miles away
- Victoria 132 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 145 miles away
- Walhalla 161 miles away
- Stanley 165 miles away
- The Gippsland Lakes 214 miles away
- Metung 235 miles away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 238 miles away
- Robe 241 miles away
- Deloraine 249 miles away
- Strahan & Gordon River 251 miles away
- Launceston 262 miles away
- Tasmania 283 miles away
Accommodation choices for Apollo Bay
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Apollo Bay. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.