Visit Mornington Peninsula, Australia
Two bays flank the Mornington Peninsula, as it pushes out into the mighty Southern Ocean. Fertile hills and lavender farms roll to the coast, with iridescent beaches and tranquil harbours.
Less than an hour from Melbourne, its laid-back lifestyle has attracted many chefs and wine makers, creating an unexpected gastronomic haven.
A retreat for artists, the ‘Artists’ Trail’ combines the scenes that have inspired some of the country’s best-known painters and with regular craft markets, especially at Red Hill, the region has an unmistakable creative buzz.
At the tip, Sorrento is a historic gem acclaimed for fine buildings, excellent eateries and galleries. The nearby ferry at Portsea links you to the Great Ocean Road so this is a great diversion from the main highway.
Map of Mornington Peninsula
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mornington Peninsula
- Phillip Island 16 miles away
- Queenscliff 27 miles away
- Melbourne 31 miles away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 44 miles away
- Walhalla 75 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 80 miles away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 84 miles away
- Victoria 85 miles away
- Apollo Bay 87 miles away
- The Great Ocean Road 89 miles away
- The Shipwreck Coast 113 miles away
- The Gippsland Lakes 130 miles away
- Metung 150 miles away
- Port Fairy 158 miles away
- The Grampians National Park 168 miles away
- Stanley 174 miles away
- Croajingolong National Park 237 miles away
- Deloraine 240 miles away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 243 miles away
- Launceston 244 miles away
- Gipsy Point 254 miles away
- Strahan & Gordon River 269 miles away
- Merimbula 279 miles away
- Tasmania 279 miles away
- The Sapphire Coast 291 miles away
- Bermagui 300 miles away
Photos of Mornington Peninsula
Accommodation choices for Mornington Peninsula
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Mornington Peninsula. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Perched on a lake side in the Mornington Peninsula, the Woodman Estate occupies a stunning and peaceful location and is the perfect place to unwind and absorb the ambience and delightful scenery.