Visit Phillip Island, Australia
Tiny Phillip Island provides a delightful diversion on your coastal journey, and is famous for its nightly penguin parade. Each day at sunset dozens of fairy penguins emerge from the ocean at Summerland beach and shuffle through the spiky, clumpy grass to their nests.
Shearwaters fly annually between here and Alaska, seals cavort around the rocks at The Nobbies and koalas can be seen at the conservation centre.
The rugged southern coastline facing Bass Strait has roaring surf beaches and every morning the pelicans are fed at San Remo, a display of leaps, flutters and squabbles. Cowes is the main town and offers a range of lively restaurants specialising in fresh lobster and shellfish.
Map of Phillip Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Phillip Island
- Mornington Peninsula 16 miles away
- Queenscliff 35 miles away
- Melbourne 46 miles away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 57 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 68 miles away
- Walhalla 75 miles away
- Apollo Bay 88 miles away
- The Great Ocean Road 89 miles away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 99 miles away
- Victoria 100 miles away
- The Shipwreck Coast 116 miles away
- The Gippsland Lakes 127 miles away
- Metung 148 miles away
- Stanley 159 miles away
- Port Fairy 164 miles away
- The Grampians National Park 180 miles away
- Deloraine 225 miles away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 228 miles away
- Launceston 229 miles away
- Croajingolong National Park 234 miles away
- Gipsy Point 252 miles away
- Strahan & Gordon River 255 miles away
- Tasmania 264 miles away
- Merimbula 278 miles away
- The Sapphire Coast 291 miles away
- Swansea 294 miles away
- Mount Field National Park 297 miles away
Photos of Phillip Island
Accommodation choices for Phillip Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Phillip Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Set in the heritage gardens of the historic Glen Isla homestead, Glen Isla has been fully restored and now provides a small luxury B&B style retreat with a beautiful beachside location.