Visit Mount Field National Park, Australia
As you wind your way along the Derwent River, you pass vineyards offering cellar door tastings and the historic Salmon Ponds and fly-fishing museum near New Norfolk.
Beyond this gateway, one of Tasmania’s most visited regions is lovely Mount Field National Park.
Highlights of Mount Field National Park
Highlights include walking through man-ferns and wet eucalypt forest to the multi-tiered Russell Falls and visiting the secluded Styx Valley, where the world’s tallest hardwood trees grow in the ‘Valley of Giants’.
In this region you also have a higher chance of seeing platypus than anywhere in Australia and can see most of the state’s native species in wildlife sanctuaries.
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip to Mount Field National Park by contacting one of our Australia specialists
- 01993 838 810
- Make an enquiry
Map of Mount Field National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mount Field National Park
- Huon Valley 36 miles away
- Tasmania 38 miles away
- Hobart 42 miles away
- Richmond 44 miles away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 72 miles away
- Strahan & Gordon River 73 miles away
- Port Arthur 74 miles away
- Maria Island National Park 77 miles away
- Deloraine 78 miles away
- Swansea 85 miles away
- Launceston 89 miles away
- Freycinet National Park 94 miles away
- Stanley 146 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 257 miles away
- Phillip Island 297 miles away