The Huon Valley region is one of rich fertile valleys, waterways, forests and mighty rivers. Many of the island’s gourmet food producers are in this region, including numerous berry and fruit farms.
Vineyards also abound and, in the sheltered waterways, Atlantic salmon farms can be seen. Exploring deep into the Huon Valley will lead you to the fascinating Tahune Forest Airwalk, where you can stroll for nearly a kilometre 40 metres up at treetop level, overlooking the Eucalypt forests, rare Huon pines and the majestic Huon River.
Head further south and you will find the Hastings cave systems that include a delightful glow worm cavern. After subterranean excursions, you can enjoy a dip in the natural hot springs.
Map of Huon Valley
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Huon Valley
- Hobart 18 miles away
- Richmond 29 miles away
- Mount Field National Park 36 miles away
- Port Arthur 42 miles away
- Maria Island National Park 61 miles away
- Tasmania 66 miles away
- Swansea 82 miles away
- Freycinet National Park 87 miles away
- Deloraine 106 miles away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 107 miles away
- Strahan & Gordon River 107 miles away
- Launceston 111 miles away
- Stanley 181 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 286 miles away