Visit Huon Valley, Australia
The Huon Valley region is one of rich fertile valleys, waterways, forests and mighty rivers. Many of the island’s gourmet food producers are in this region, including numerous berry and fruit farms.
Vineyards also abound and, in the sheltered waterways, Atlantic salmon farms can be seen. Exploring deep into the Huon Valley will lead you to the fascinating Tahune Forest Airwalk, where you can stroll for nearly a kilometer 40 meters up at treetop level, overlooking the Eucalypt forests, rare Huon pines and the majestic Huon River.
Head further south and you will find the Hastings cave systems that include a delightful glow worm cavern. After subterranean excursions, you can enjoy a dip in the natural hot springs.
Map of Huon Valley
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Huon Valley
- Hobart 29 kilometers away
- Richmond 46 kilometers away
- Mount Field National Park 58 kilometers away
- Port Arthur 67 kilometers away
- Maria Island National Park 97 kilometers away
- Tasmania 106 kilometers away
- Swansea 132 kilometers away
- Freycinet National Park 140 kilometers away
- Deloraine 171 kilometers away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 172 kilometers away
- Strahan & Gordon River 172 kilometers away
- Launceston 178 kilometers away
- Stanley 291 kilometers away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 460 kilometers away