Visit Swansea, Australia
This charming seaside town is a vacation destination for many Tasmanians. Its great fishing and relaxed coastal lifestyle, combined with dramatic views over Great Oyster Bay to the Hazards mountains and Freycinet Peninsula, are understandable attractions.
However, the biggest pull is its ideal touring location. It is just an hour north to Freycinet National Park, with all its activities, and half an hour south to catch the Maria Island National Park ferry, making Swansea a perfect base to explore the east coast highlights without needing to repack your bags.
Map of Swansea
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Swansea
- Freycinet National Park 23 kilometers away
- Maria Island National Park 55 kilometers away
- Richmond 86 kilometers away
- Hobart 105 kilometers away
- Launceston 109 kilometers away
- Tasmania 112 kilometers away
- Port Arthur 115 kilometers away
- Huon Valley 132 kilometers away
- Deloraine 135 kilometers away
- Mount Field National Park 136 kilometers away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 182 kilometers away
- Strahan & Gordon River 228 kilometers away
- Stanley 277 kilometers away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 384 kilometers away
- The Gippsland Lakes 458 kilometers away
- Metung 471 kilometers away
- Phillip Island 472 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Swansea
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Swansea. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The setting for Piermont Retreat is just breathtaking. On 20 hectares of serene beach frontage sit snug cottages made of local stone and rammed earth. Using local timber and Kashmiri slate, they are built ‘bio-sustainably’ and blend into the native bush gardens.