Visit Swansea, Australia
This charming seaside town is a holiday destination for many Tasmanians. Its great fishing and relaxed coastal lifestyle, combined with dramatic views over Great Oyster Bay to the Hazards mountains and Freycinet Peninsula, are understandable attractions.
However, the biggest pull is its ideal touring location. It is just an hour north to Freycinet National Park, with all its activities, and half an hour south to catch the Maria Island National Park ferry, making Swansea a perfect base to explore the east coast highlights without needing to repack your bags.
Map of Swansea
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Swansea
- Freycinet National Park 14 miles away
- Maria Island National Park 34 miles away
- Richmond 54 miles away
- Hobart 65 miles away
- Launceston 68 miles away
- Tasmania 70 miles away
- Port Arthur 72 miles away
- Huon Valley 82 miles away
- Deloraine 84 miles away
- Mount Field National Park 85 miles away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 113 miles away
- Strahan & Gordon River 142 miles away
- Stanley 172 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 239 miles away
- The Gippsland Lakes 285 miles away
- Metung 293 miles away
- Phillip Island 294 miles away
Accommodation choices for Swansea
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Swansea. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The setting for Piermont Retreat is just breathtaking. On 20 hectares of serene beach frontage sit snug cottages made of local stone and rammed earth. Using local timber and Kashmiri slate, they are built ‘bio-sustainably’ and blend into the native bush gardens.