Visit the Sapphire Coast, Australia
Named after the sparkling colour of the sea, this region offers much for fans of the great outdoors and stretches from Eden near the Victorian border to Bermagui, just six hours south of Sydney.
The Bega Valley, famous for its rich dairy farming, is the main hub and has a softly rolling landscape which cradles many small villages.
Merimbula has miles of white sands and a beautiful lake lagoon and is an ideal stop for a night or two.
In Tilba Tilba time appears to have stood still and as well as being an area renowned for cheese, there are a number of craft workshops to be explored.
The reserve of Montague Island is a sanctuary for sea birds, seals and penguins and is easily reached from Tilba Tilba on a guided cruise.
The town of Eden, on Twofold Bay, has a deep and long relationship with whales and the skeleton of the legendary Orca, ‘Old Tom’, lies in The Killer Whale Museum. Whale, dolphin, seal and penguin watching are high on the agenda as this coast is one of the best places for viewing.
Places to visit in the Sapphire Coast
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting the Sapphire Coast, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travellers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Map of the Sapphire Coast
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around the Sapphire Coast
- Bermagui The Sapphire Coast
- Merimbula The Sapphire Coast
- Tilba Tilba The Sapphire Coast
- Gipsy Point 63 miles away
- Croajingolong National Park 84 miles away
- Jervis Bay 110 miles away
- Kangaroo Valley 134 miles away
- Metung 148 miles away
- The Gippsland Lakes 169 miles away
- The Blue Mountains 201 miles away
- Sydney 202 miles away
- Walhalla 217 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 257 miles away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 266 miles away
- Hunter Valley 277 miles away
- Victoria 290 miles away
- Melbourne 291 miles away
- Mornington Peninsula 291 miles away
- Phillip Island 291 miles away
- Port Stephens 295 miles away