This small fishing village was named after a local schooner and despite the town becoming a resting place for many shipwrecks it oddly remains popular with fishermen.
Set in the foothills of the Otway Ranges there is a remarkable contrast between the craggy coastline and breathtaking forest wilderness.
A wander will uncover some excellent cafés and restaurants, but make sure you continue to Mariners Lookout for a stunning view back over the bay, its long sandy beach washed by deep blue waters.
Suggested itinerary featuring Apollo Bay
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Apollo Bay, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Apollo Bay
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Apollo Bay
- The Great Ocean Road less than 5 kilometers away
- The Shipwreck Coast 48 kilometers away
- Queenscliff 102 kilometers away
- Port Fairy 132 kilometers away
- Mornington Peninsula 140 kilometers away
- Phillip Island 141 kilometers away
- Melbourne 152 kilometers away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 162 kilometers away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 193 kilometers away
- The Grampians National Park 203 kilometers away
- Victoria 212 kilometers away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 233 kilometers away
- Walhalla 259 kilometers away
- Stanley 265 kilometers away
- The Gippsland Lakes 344 kilometers away
- Metung 378 kilometers away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 384 kilometers away
- Robe 387 kilometers away
- Deloraine 400 kilometers away
- Strahan & Gordon River 404 kilometers away
- Launceston 421 kilometers away
- Tasmania 455 kilometers away
Photos of Apollo Bay
Accommodation choices for Apollo Bay
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Apollo Bay. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.