Ancient volcanic eruptions, lava flows and erosion have formed this region, surrounded by the gently rising timbered mountains of the Great Dividing Range.
Rich in mineral springs the area has attracted a host of spas and therapy centers which offer an array of tantalizing treatments.
Stroll around Daylesford and browse the works of artists, sculptors and silversmiths mixed with intriguing antiques shops. Overlooking the town is the lovely Victorian Convent Gallery, a gallery of sculpture and art that is also known for its fine food and wine.
The Macedon Ranges
A short drive away are the jagged hills and thick stands of unspoiled bush of the Macedon Ranges.
The cool climate is perfect for quality wines, in particular a famed Pinot Noir, but the ranges are better-known for being the setting for the famous book and film Picnic at Hanging Rock — where intriguing walks can be made.
This is the perfect day trip or diversion en route to, or from Melbourne.
Map of Daylesford & Macedon Ranges
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Daylesford & Macedon Ranges
- Victoria 42 miles away
- Melbourne 58 miles away
- Queenscliff 70 miles away
- Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges 72 miles away
- Mornington Peninsula 84 miles away
- Phillip Island 99 miles away
- The Grampians National Park 99 miles away
- Apollo Bay 101 miles away
- The Great Ocean Road 103 miles away
- The Shipwreck Coast 108 miles away
- Port Fairy 127 miles away
- Walhalla 134 miles away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 163 miles away
- The Gippsland Lakes 191 miles away
- Metung 208 miles away
- Robe 242 miles away
- Stanley 245 miles away
- Coorong National Park 278 miles away
- Murray River 290 miles away
- Croajingolong National Park 292 miles away
Accommodation choices for Daylesford & Macedon Ranges
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Daylesford & Macedon Ranges. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Daylesford & Macedon Ranges