Located on South Australia’s magnificent Limestone Coast, Robe was one of the first settlements in South Australia.
But while other settlements grew into cities, Robe simply relaxed in its glorious coastal isolation, and today you will find a charming seaside village and fishing port where the main preoccupation is lobster: fishing for lobster, preparing it in a variety of ways, choosing the wines to complement each dish, then talking about what to do with the next day’s catch.
The lovely main street leads to Guichen Bay which reveals stunning ocean views. Robe is a small town with a unique and friendly atmosphere — the perfect place to break your journey.
Map of Robe
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Robe
- Coorong National Park 86 miles away
- Fleurieu Peninsula 138 miles away
- The Grampians National Park 143 miles away
- Port Fairy 160 miles away
- Kangaroo Island 167 miles away
- Adelaide 168 miles away
- Barossa Valley 183 miles away
- Murray River 198 miles away
- The Shipwreck Coast 212 miles away
- Clare Valley 237 miles away
- Apollo Bay 241 miles away
- The Great Ocean Road 241 miles away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 242 miles away
- Victoria 279 miles away
- Queenscliff 280 miles away
- Melbourne 290 miles away