Cape Jervis on the Fleurieu Peninsula is the hopping off point for the ferry crossing to Kangaroo Island.
Known for its wineries, lovely coastline, scenic hinterland and fresh local produce, this region and its close proximity to Adelaide makes it a popular getaway.
Exploring the peninsula
The remote southern coast is lined with rugged headlands and bubbling creeks that cut deep into the rock and offer clifftop views to Kangaroo Island.
The western coastline on Gulf St Vincent is just as spectacular with many beaches and the holiday towns of Normanville and Aldinga Beach. Some of the villages scattered on the peninsula date back 160 years and McLaren Vale, at the heart of the wine region, produces olives and fine wines.
Map of Fleurieu Peninsula
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Fleurieu Peninsula
- Adelaide 36 miles away
- Barossa Valley 62 miles away
- Coorong National Park 64 miles away
- Kangaroo Island 74 miles away
- Clare Valley 109 miles away
- Murray River 136 miles away
- Robe 138 miles away
- Eyre Peninsula 184 miles away
- The Grampians National Park 249 miles away
- The Gawler Ranges National Park 262 miles away
- Flinders Ranges 272 miles away
- Baird Bay 286 miles away
- Port Fairy 290 miles away