A chain of stunning, shallow lagoons are delicately separated from the Southern Ocean by a narrow sandy dune peninsula almost a hundred miles long in this beautiful park.
The fragile ecology is fed by the rich waters of the Murray River and supports an array of bird life from pelicans to migratory waders and other waterfowl.
Exploring Coorong National Park
This area is of tremendous spiritual significance to the local Ngarrindjeri people and there are a number of fascinating Dreamtime sites well worth exploring.
It is a delightful deviation from the road on your journey between Melbourne and Adelaide and there are half or full-day cruises available aboard the sleek and powerful ‘Spirit of the Coorong’ - an excellent way to explore.
Map of Coorong National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Coorong National Park
- Fleurieu Peninsula 64 miles away
- Adelaide 86 miles away
- Robe 86 miles away
- Barossa Valley 98 miles away
- Kangaroo Island 122 miles away
- Murray River 126 miles away
- Clare Valley 152 miles away
- The Grampians National Park 185 miles away
- Port Fairy 228 miles away
- Eyre Peninsula 247 miles away
- The Shipwreck Coast 278 miles away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 278 miles away