Visit Murray River, Australia
The Murray River is Australia’s Mississippi, with paddle-steamers passing riverside towns such as swan reach, its clifftop views, and mannun, relics of pioneer.
The first river crossing was made at Murray Bridge, which is where many cruises start. Aboriginal legends surround this treasured water supply, which attracts a wealth of wildlife including yellow-billed spoonbills, fat-tailed dunnarts and possums.
Walking trails line the banks and disappear deep in to the bush. An array of cruising options — from cruises to rental houseboats — enable you to meander along the river among the red gums which line its banks.
Map of Murray River
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Murray River
- Barossa Valley 94 miles away
- Clare Valley 114 miles away
- Adelaide 116 miles away
- Coorong National Park 126 miles away
- Fleurieu Peninsula 136 miles away
- Robe 198 miles away
- Kangaroo Island 209 miles away
- The Grampians National Park 225 miles away
- Flinders Ranges 228 miles away
- Eyre Peninsula 275 miles away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 290 miles away
- Port Fairy 294 miles away