Combining Australian bush and well-kept charming vineyards, Clare is a lesser-known wine region but perhaps the most beautiful of all.
Sevenhill is an excellent place to start your exploration: established by the three Jesuit priests who fled here in 1851 this is the region’s oldest winery, and much of the original stone architecture remains today.
The Riesling Trail is a picturesque route ideal for walkers and cyclists that leads to the small town of Auburn, where the vines are complemented by fragments of mining and settler history. Clare is within easy range of Adelaide or an excellent place to break your journey on the way to the Flinders Ranges.
Map of Clare Valley
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Clare Valley
- Barossa Valley 54 miles away
- Adelaide 74 miles away
- Fleurieu Peninsula 109 miles away
- Murray River 114 miles away
- Coorong National Park 152 miles away
- Kangaroo Island 154 miles away
- Flinders Ranges 164 miles away
- Eyre Peninsula 168 miles away
- The Gawler Ranges National Park 202 miles away
- Robe 237 miles away
- Baird Bay 251 miles away
- Andamooka 252 miles away