Visit Moyo Island, Indonesia
Just east of Bali lies the nature reserve of Moyo Island.
Fifteen kilometers off the coast of Sumbawa, Moyo is at the western end of the Nusa Tenggara islands, a grouping that begins with Lombok and stretches some 1,300km east to Timor.
When to go
Eight degrees south of the equator, Moyo enjoys a warm, tropical climate year-round with the most agreeable months being May to October. Humidity is highest between November and March, during the rainy season. Even during the heaviest rains, however, the sun is rarely out of sight for long.
The monsoon months of February and March are particularly green and frequently free of rain. This is also the prime time for spotting whale sharks, giant manta rays and other migrating sea life.
Suggested itineraries featuring Moyo Island
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Moyo Island, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Moyo Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Moyo Island
- Mount Rinjani 124 kilometers away
- Lombok 136 kilometers away
- Medana Bay 160 kilometers away
- Sire Beach 163 kilometers away
- The Gili Islands 167 kilometers away
- Senggigi 170 kilometers away
- Komodo Island 216 kilometers away
- Candidasa 223 kilometers away
- Tambolaka 228 kilometers away
- Tembok 236 kilometers away
- Lembongan Island 240 kilometers away
- Ubud 256 kilometers away
- Pantai Marosi 257 kilometers away
- Sanur 260 kilometers away
- Pantai Nihiwatu 264 kilometers away
- Seminyak 270 kilometers away
- Jimbaran 271 kilometers away
- Bukit Peninsula 273 kilometers away
- Munduk 275 kilometers away
- Lovina 281 kilometers away
- Medewi 304 kilometers away
- Bali 320 kilometers away
- Pemuteran 322 kilometers away
- Sumba 329 kilometers away
- Bali Barat National Park 334 kilometers away
- Ijen National Park 365 kilometers away
- Flores 388 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Moyo Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Moyo Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
An exclusive, opulent island hideaway with stunning tented accommodation, Amanwana is a nature camp and wilderness hideaway.
The Katharina Phinisi is an elegant two-masted schooner with main sails, top-sails and three jibs. It offers an excellent standard of reliability, safety and comfort for cruising the Indonesian archipelago.