Visit Bukit Peninsula, Indonesia
Bali's southern peninsula is known as "Bukit", meaning "hill" in Indonesian.
This area is home to Bali's most dramatic coastal scenery; panoramic views of the Indian Ocean and its pounding surf from the cliff tops of southern Bali are simply breathtaking. The Bukit's beaches are isolated due to limited access and are arguably some of the finest stretches of sand on the island.
Pura Luhur Uluwatu is perched high above the ocean on the Bukit's south western tip and is one of Bali's most important and spiritual temples.
Suggested itinerary featuring Bukit Peninsula
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Bukit Peninsula, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Bukit Peninsula
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Bukit Peninsula
- Jimbaran 5 kilometers away
- Seminyak 16 kilometers away
- Sanur 18 kilometers away
- Lembongan Island 34 kilometers away
- Ubud 36 kilometers away
- Candidasa 56 kilometers away
- Medewi 61 kilometers away
- Munduk 62 kilometers away
- Lovina 74 kilometers away
- Tembok 79 kilometers away
- Bali 83 kilometers away
- Pemuteran 94 kilometers away
- Bali Barat National Park 97 kilometers away
- Senggigi 104 kilometers away
- The Gili Islands 111 kilometers away
- Sire Beach 114 kilometers away
- Medana Bay 117 kilometers away
- Ijen National Park 130 kilometers away
- Lombok 138 kilometers away
- Mount Rinjani 150 kilometers away
- Mount Bromo 264 kilometers away
- Moyo Island 273 kilometers away
- Malang 295 kilometers away
- Surabaya 319 kilometers away
- Tambolaka 454 kilometers away
- Pantai Marosi 468 kilometers away
- Pantai Nihiwatu 475 kilometers away
- Komodo Island 477 kilometers away
Photos of Bukit Peninsula
Accommodation choices for Bukit Peninsula
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Bukit Peninsula. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Without doubt the most stunning property in Bali's arid Bukit Peninsula. It has just 35 luxurious suites, all with four-poster beds and round tables for private dining, a sunken indoor bath, outdoor shower, a garden courtyard and a terrace.
The contemporary Balinese villas are designed to make the most of these stunning views and all have a private pool looking out over the Indian Ocean.