Visit Mount Bromo, Indonesia
In the east, Java’s landscape rears up to reveal its volcanic structure.
Experience Mount Bromo
Fertile rice-terraces give way to a blanket of lava sands and the smoldering grandeur of Mount Bromo, usually trailing a wisp of volcanic smoke. Located on the region’s awesome Tengger Massif, stretching 10 kilometers across, this is best seen at dawn as the sun rises over a stunning vista.
Malang is often used as a base for those wishing to explore Mount Bromo. The town has a real Dutch flavor and this, combined with the wide, leafy boulevards, make it a great place to wander around.
Suggested itineraries featuring Mount Bromo
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Mount Bromo, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Mount Bromo
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mount Bromo
- Malang 36 kilometers away
- Surabaya 80 kilometers away
- Ijen National Park 147 kilometers away
- Bali Barat National Park 179 kilometers away
- Pemuteran 190 kilometers away
- Bali 194 kilometers away
- Medewi 213 kilometers away
- Lovina 231 kilometers away
- Munduk 238 kilometers away
- Seminyak 257 kilometers away
- Jimbaran 262 kilometers away
- Ubud 263 kilometers away
- Bukit Peninsula 264 kilometers away
- Sanur 268 kilometers away
- Prambanan 272 kilometers away
- Tembok 275 kilometers away
- Yogyakarta 285 kilometers away
- Lembongan Island 288 kilometers away
- Candidasa 296 kilometers away
- Borobudur 305 kilometers away
- The Gili Islands 346 kilometers away
- Senggigi 348 kilometers away
- Sire Beach 351 kilometers away
- Medana Bay 354 kilometers away
- Lombok 386 kilometers away
- Mount Rinjani 391 kilometers away
Photos of Mount Bromo
Accommodation choices for Mount Bromo
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Mount Bromo. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Jiwa Jawa Bromo is the best accommodation near to Mount Bromo and is at a height of 2,000 meters above sea level. It is open plan cabin style, the interiors contemporary in design and well furnished and the suites have small balconies.
Ideas for experiencing Mount Bromo
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Mount Bromo, and which use the best local guides.
Overlooking the mountains, watching the sunrise, you will experience one of the most awe-inspiring and memorable vistas in the world. From here you may wish to venture in to the old caldera and climb to the crater of Mount Bromo itself.