The Hoshinoya Okinawa is nestled on Cape Zanpa on the main Okinawan island of Naha. About one hour's drive from Naha city, the property comprises a number of guest rooms and villas that face the golden sand beaches that skirt the cape.
The style tastefully combines traditional Okinawan architecture with more modern twists and sets out to deliver the feeling of owning a vacation home on the beach.
HOSHINOYA Okinawa is a breath of fresh air from the abundance of large, bulky resort-style hotels you find on the different islands of Okinawa prefecture. There is a much more independent feel to it and we love how it celebrates Okinawan culture with all the little details throughout the rooms and public areas.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of HOSHINOYA Okinawa
All the rooms at the HOSHINOYA Okinawa come in the form of beachfront villas or beachfront suites. They are all spacious and designed for longer stays, but short-stay guests are just as welcome. There are four of the 'Tida' villas which each feature a 20 m (65 ft) pool along with two twin bedrooms. The 'Fushi' suites are ideal for large groups or families as they can cater for up to four people and feature a dining room that overlooks the beach. The 'Haru' and 'Tin' beachfront suites cater nicely for couples and the former of the two features a balcony that is slightly elevated from the beach.
Located in the central region of Okinawa's main island Honto on the west coast, the HOSHINOYA Okinawa is some distance away from the vast array of amenities you acclimatize to having access to on the likes of Honshu. The property is approximately one hour's drive north of Naha, which houses the closest airport. HOSHINOYA Okinawa is ideal for those who feel comfortable renting a car on the main island. However, guests will soon forget about the remoteness of the hotel when they see the beauty of the coastline and surrounding area.
Food and drink
- Breakfast is served either in the room or in the restaurant where guests have a choice of Ryukyu (local Okinawa) style and Sicilian style breakfast.
- Prix fixe offers dinner from 5pm to 8:30pm with a menu that focuses on Okinawan and Sicilian cuisine.
- Swimming pool.
Facilities and activities
- On-site spa.
- Awamori (local Okinawan liquor) workshop.
- Ryukyu karate stay.
- Yachimun pottery market, held at Banta Cafe (next to HOSHINOYA Okinawa).
Tour ideas in Okinawa
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at HOSHINOYA Okinawa as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
JapanView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Okinawa and nearby places
- Tokashiki Island 44 kilometers away
- Zamami Island 47 kilometers away
- Kume Island 94 kilometers away
- Ishigaki Island 424 kilometers away
- Yakushima 513 kilometers away
- Kagoshima 636 kilometers away
- Kirishima National Park 685 kilometers away
- Nagasaki 735 kilometers away
- Kumamoto 768 kilometers away
- Kyushu 787 kilometers away