Visit Kirishima National Park, Japan
The first of Japan's designated national parks is home to an array of stunning sights, including smoking volcanoes, vast plateaux, sparkling lakes, rugged coastlines and dense forests.
The park stretches over a large area of southern Kyushu with main walking and hiking opportunities to be found to the north of the park.
Inside Kirishima National Park
Also included within the remit of the park are Sakura-jima, Yakushima and the Ibusuki sand baths. Although rainy during the summer months, the park is strewn with spring flowers in April and May, including Azaleas.
The Ebino Kogen plateau is the center for both gentle walks and more advanced traverses and hikes.
Suggested Kirishima National Park itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Kirishima National Park, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Kirishima National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Kirishima National Park
- Kagoshima 47 kilometers away
- Kumamoto 100 kilometers away
- Kyushu 104 kilometers away
- Aso 109 kilometers away
- Nagasaki 131 kilometers away
- Kurokawa 132 kilometers away
- Yufuin 158 kilometers away
- Beppu 162 kilometers away
- Yakushima 182 kilometers away
- Fukuoka 191 kilometers away
- Matsuyama 278 kilometers away
- Miyajima Island 295 kilometers away
- Hiroshima 313 kilometers away
- Shikoku 324 kilometers away
- Iya Valley 371 kilometers away
- Kurashiki 391 kilometers away
- Takamatsu 400 kilometers away
- Naoshima 406 kilometers away
- Tokushima 419 kilometers away
- Matsue 444 kilometers away
Photos of Kirishima National Park
Accommodation choices for Kirishima National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Kirishima National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Kirishima Hotel overlooks the hills and valleys of the Kirishima onsen area. Its rooms are either Japanese or Japanese with western beds and are relatively spacious with good views over the valleys.