Visit Mount Nebo, Jordan
Mt Nebo is a very important biblical site, recently visited by the Pope, for it was here, on the edge of a ridge overlooking the Dead Sea, that Moses first caught sight of the Holy Land, having led his people from Sinai.
It is said that he also died and was buried here. In the basilica that marks the spot, beautiful mosaics depict rustic scenes every bit as colorful as the day they were laid.
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Mount Nebo, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Mount Nebo
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mount Nebo
- Madaba 9 kilometers away
- The Dead Sea 21 kilometers away
- Amman 28 kilometers away
- Jerash & The Decapolis 60 kilometers away
- Kerak 66 kilometers away
- Dana Biosphere Reserve 123 kilometers away
- Little Petra & Aaron's Tomb 158 kilometers away
- Petra 163 kilometers away
- Wadi Rum 250 kilometers away
- Aqaba 263 kilometers away