Jordan, though an Islamic nation, has a vibrant and well-preserved Christian heritage.
The town of Madaba is made up of Muslims and Christians, and among its churches are some superb mosaics, the most famous of which is a 6th century mosaic map depicting the Holy Land.
It is fun to spend a while picking out the various cities and locations, and admiring the little vignettes the artist incorporated into the map.
Suggested itinerary featuring Madaba
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Madaba, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Madaba
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Madaba
- Mount Nebo 9 kilometers away
- The Dead Sea 25 kilometers away
- Amman 29 kilometers away
- Kerak 61 kilometers away
- Jerash & The Decapolis 64 kilometers away
- Dana Biosphere Reserve 118 kilometers away
- Little Petra & Aaron's Tomb 153 kilometers away
- Petra 159 kilometers away
- Wadi Rum 246 kilometers away
- Aqaba 255 kilometers away
Photos of Madaba
Accommodation choices for Madaba
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Madaba. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.