Visit Khogno Khan Mountain, Mongolia
Khogno Khan Mountain, Mongolia
The site of a one-time religious battle, where two Buddhist sects clashed and killed one another, Khogno Khaan Mountain now sits at peace, its valleys stretching upwards into vast rock outcroppings with the lines of ancient strata clearly displayed.
Some of its hidden places were described in 'The Secret History of the Mongols', the mysterious biography of the Khaans, by no known author.
Set on the corners of three aimag provinces, the mountain has long been a sacred place for Mongolians, but walking between the mighty rock outcroppings now you are more likely to spy reclusive wild game and birds of prey than marauding hordes.
Map of Khogno Khan Mountain
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Khogno Khan Mountain
- Kharakorum 149 kilometers away
- Khustai Nuruu National Park 158 kilometers away
- Ulaan Baatar 171 kilometers away
- Tsenkher Springs 238 kilometers away
- Ongi Khiid 267 kilometers away
- White Lake 374 kilometers away
- The Gobi Desert 387 kilometers away
- Gobi Gurvansaikhan National Park 446 kilometers away
- Lake Khuvsgul 468 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Khogno Khan Mountain
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Khogno Khan Mountain. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.