Visit Ongi Khiid, Mongolia
Ongi Khiid, Mongolia
On the banks of the Ongi River lie the ruins of two Buddhist Monasteries, Barlim and Khutagd Khiid. In earlier days more than 500 Monks were resident here.
The Stalinist purges saw the end of these monasteries as functioning places of religion - now only the ruins remain as an interesting place of exploration.
Map of Ongi Khiid
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ongi Khiid
- The Gobi Desert 163 kilometers away
- Gobi Gurvansaikhan National Park 184 kilometers away
- Kharakorum 228 kilometers away
- Khogno Khan Mountain 267 kilometers away
- Tsenkher Springs 297 kilometers away
- Khustai Nuruu National Park 353 kilometers away
- Ulaan Baatar 363 kilometers away
- White Lake 454 kilometers away