Visit Ongi Khiid, Mongolia
On the banks of the Ongi River lie the ruins of two Buddhist Monasteries — Barlim and Khutagd Khiid. In earlier days more than 500 monks were resident here.
The Stalinist purges saw the end of these monasteries as functioning places of religion — now only the ruins remain as an interesting place of exploration.
Map of Ongi Khiid
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ongi Khiid
- The Gobi Desert 163 kilometers away
- Gobi Gurvansaikhan National Park 184 kilometers away
- Kharakorum 228 kilometers away
- Khogno Khan Mountain 267 kilometers away
- Tsenkher Springs 297 kilometers away
- Khustain Nuruu National Park 353 kilometers away
- Ulaanbaatar 363 kilometers away
- White Lake 454 kilometers away