Visit the Souss-Massa National Park, Morocco
Just 40 kilometers south of Agadir, the sandbars, ponds and reedbeds of the Souss-Massa provide perhaps the most important habitat in Morocco for birdlife.
The park is home to many sedentary birds including the kingfisher, cormorant, the rare bald ibis, Elonard’s falcon and curlew. Among the migrating birds are the glossy ibis, crane, pink flamingo and spoonbill.
Although the immediate area of the lagoon is protected, bird watchers will find plenty of opportunity to watch wildlife from the path that traverses the park. Gazelle, oryx and ostrich are also being reintroduced into the park.
Map of the Souss-Massa National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Souss-Massa National Park
- Taroudant 81 kilometers away
- The Anti Atlas 107 kilometers away
- The Draa Valley 142 kilometers away
- Essaouira 152 kilometers away
- The Atlas Mountains 197 kilometers away
- Ourika Valley 222 kilometers away
- Marrakesh 228 kilometers away
- Oued Mellah 264 kilometers away
- Ouarzazate 275 kilometers away
- The Southern Oases Valleys 299 kilometers away
- Skoura 312 kilometers away
- Zagora 366 kilometers away
- The Dades Valley 375 kilometers away
- Casablanca 427 kilometers away
Photos of the Souss-Massa National Park
Accommodation choices for the Souss-Massa National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the Souss-Massa National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Situated in a stunning coastal location, the Ksar Massa is the perfect place to relax, take long strolls long the beach, swim in the ocean and partake in some excellent Moroccan food.