Visit Lüderitz, Namibia
There is only one road into Lüderitz, and the sand blows over it creating mini drifts and dunes and grains swirl in the air.
Bulldozers work around the clock to keep the road open.
Reaching the coast, the town of Luderitz is fascinating, a real outpost with turn of the century architecture and the ghost towns of the diamond boom nearby, preserved by the sands of the desert.
Penguins and flamingos
There’s also the penguin colony at Halifax Island to visit and we recommend just walking with the flamingos on the beaches south of Luderitz. There, you will find shells and ghost crabs and are unlikely to see another soul.
Map of Lüderitz
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Lüderitz
- Aus 111 kilometers away
- The NamibRand Nature Reserve 195 kilometers away
- Southern Namibia 209 kilometers away
- Sossusvlei & Sesriem 215 kilometers away
- Fish River Canyon 274 kilometers away
- The Naukluft Mountains 303 kilometers away
- Walvis Bay 417 kilometers away
- Swakopmund and Pelican Point 446 kilometers away
- Southern Kalahari 462 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Lüderitz
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Lüderitz. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.