Bulla Regia, Tunisia
Bulla Regia is a remarkable Roman city in northwestern Tunisia. The experience of exploring complete, superbly preserved villas is quite incredible.
Bulla Regia remains a unique Roman city in that the two-story dwellings are built with one floor underground, protecting the residents against the summer heat and the chill of winter.
Mosaics in Bulla Regia
This is also where the Roman art of laying mosaic floors is shown at its most sophisticated, with subtle colors and three-dimensional forms.
Many of the mosaic floors have been left in situ and there is also a small museum connected with the site, though the finest examples have been taken to the Bardo Museum in Tunis.
Map of Bulla Regia
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Bulla Regia
- Tabarka 45 kilometers away
- Dougga 46 kilometers away
- Thuburbo Majus 107 kilometers away
- Tunis 133 kilometers away
- Carthage 147 kilometers away
- Sidi Bou Said 149 kilometers away
- Kairouan 157 kilometers away
- El Jem 227 kilometers away
- Tamerza 252 kilometers away
- Tozeur 298 kilometers away
- Jerba 364 kilometers away
- Ksar Ghilane 406 kilometers away