Located in a secluded red-rock canyon adjacent to Zion National Park, Under Canvas Zion strives to create a comfortable and stylish yet immersive experience in the heart of the Southwest. Inspired by the African safari experience, the light and airy canvas tents include daily housekeeping and fresh towels and large double beds, some with windows above them so you can enjoy the star-filled skies. Most have an en suite bathroom and a wood-burning stove for chilly nights.
You can buy breakfast and dinner from the glampsite's own café, while lunchboxes can be arranged the night before if you're planning to head out for the day to explore the park's otherworldly landscapes. There are also dining options in nearby Springdale.
Under Canvas camps are designed to be as environmentally friendly as possible, using low-flow toilets, solar power, recycling procedures, and compostable materials to help ensure that the land is left untouched.
Under Canvas is located 30 minutes away from Zion National Park, but it does provide a truly unique and memorable experience of immersing yourself in the stunning landscape, while still enjoying comforts such as healthy dining, nightly smores and luxury private tents.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Under Canvas Zion
The tents at Under Canvas Zion share the same light, minimal style, with white canvas sheltering simple but stylish wooden furnishings and wood floorboards. All have en suite bathrooms, but they vary in size from the intimate Deluxe and Stargazer tents to more spacious Suites and tents that interconnect for families. Stargazer tents have a clear ceiling over the bed so you can lie awake looking up at the stars before drifting off to sleep. All tents have organic bath products, USB battery packs to charge your gadgets, and some have wood-burning stoves.
Although the glampsite doesn't sit within the national park boundary, it's just a 35-minute drive from the park's entrance and the town of Springdale. Staying here gives you tranquility and solitude under the dark skies of the desert.
Food and drink
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is available to purchase at the glampsite's own café.
- Alternative dining options found in Springdale.
- Firepit where you can toast s'mores each evening.
A number of tents can accommodate up to four people. For even more space, a Suite combined with a kids' tent can accommodate up to four adults and two children.
Facilities and activities
- There are a number of gentle and moderate hiking trails on the Under Canvas Zion site.
- In addition to the activities we can arrange for you ahead of travel, the glampsite's Guest Experience Co-ordinator can arrange everything from nature walks and yoga to more adventurous activities if you want to try other activities while you're there.
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Zion National Park
Zion National Park
Zion National Park and nearby places
- Bryce Canyon National Park 91 kilometers away
- Page 153 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 176 kilometers away
- Torrey 189 kilometers away
- Las Vegas 224 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 262 kilometers away
- Flagstaff 266 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 270 kilometers away
- Utah 274 kilometers away
- Sedona 294 kilometers away