Visit Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, US
Monument Valley encompasses the classic Wild West scenery of sandstone buttes, forbidding rock pinnacles and an endless expanse of drifting red sands that have been immortalized in the early Wild West films.
Such scenery exists elsewhere but nowhere is it so perfectly distilled, and the sheer majesty of the place is breathtaking. The region also remains the stronghold of the Navajo culture and is little affected by tourism, making a visit here a highlight of a trip to the southwest. The most impressive monoliths are a pair called the Mittens, the taller of which rises 1,000 feet above the valley floor.
Other highlights include ancient native rock art panels and Ancestral Puebloan ruins. It is possible to drive along a bumpy unsurfaced road through the valley, but the Navajo-led jeep or horse-riding trips are very much recommended.
Map of Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 33 kilometers away
- Page 122 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 148 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 150 kilometers away
- Moab 182 kilometers away
- Torrey 186 kilometers away
- Bryce Canyon National Park 197 kilometers away
- Arches National Park 197 kilometers away
- Durango 199 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 203 kilometers away
- Winslow 227 kilometers away
- Telluride 228 kilometers away
- Flagstaff 245 kilometers away
- Zion National Park 258 kilometers away
- Grand Junction 267 kilometers away
- Sedona 281 kilometers away
- Utah 283 kilometers away
- Arizona 329 kilometers away
- Aspen 376 kilometers away
- Albuquerque 377 kilometers away
- Alamosa 378 kilometers away
- Santa Fe 401 kilometers away
- Phoenix 435 kilometers away
- Vail 439 kilometers away
- Salt Lake City 447 kilometers away
- Las Vegas 465 kilometers away
- New Mexico 472 kilometers away
- Colorado 472 kilometers away
Photos of Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
Accommodation choices for Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Enveloped by red dessert and towering rock formations, The View places guests in the heart of the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park. Spacious rooms with private balconies and traditional local decor give an unrivalled view of the cinematic surroundings.
Located in the heart of the Grand Circle and adjacent to the Navajo Tribal Park, and the stunning setting of Monument Valley, Goulding's Lodge offers views from every angle.