Visit Albuquerque, US
Founded in 1706, Albuquerque was ruled by the Spanish until 1821 but later came under Mexican and then American rule. The city still retains its Spanish atmosphere however, with the tranquil Old Town Plaza lying at its heart. Overlooked by the lovely 1893 San Felipe de Neri Church and flanked by El Camino Real, it is just one of the city's many quiet charms.
All around town you will discover little pockets of peace and quiet from hidden patios to winding brick paths, gardens and balconies. More formal attractions include the fascinating Indian Pueblo Cultural Centre, a Rattlesnake Museum and nearby Acoma Pueblo, a still inhabited village of roughly 300 adobe buildings sitting on top of a mesa.
Historic Route 66 winds past the Rio Grande Botanical Garden and the Albuquerque Aquarium, whilst the city's best restaurants are all to be found on trendy Nob Hill. For a look at the deep canyons and spectacular terrain that surround the city take a trip on the Sandia Peak Tramway which transports visitors 10,000 feet up a mountainside.
Map of Albuquerque
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Albuquerque
- Santa Fe 94 kilometers away
- New Mexico 97 kilometers away
- Durango 268 kilometers away
- Alamosa 275 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 290 kilometers away
- Telluride 335 kilometers away
- Winslow 369 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 373 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 377 kilometers away
- Amarillo 439 kilometers away
- Colorado Springs 448 kilometers away
- Flagstaff 456 kilometers away
- Aspen 459 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 462 kilometers away
- Moab 467 kilometers away
- Sedona 467 kilometers away
- Arizona 469 kilometers away
- Colorado 469 kilometers away
- Grand Junction 474 kilometers away
- Page 479 kilometers away
- Arches National Park 481 kilometers away
Photos of Albuquerque
Accommodation choices for Albuquerque
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Albuquerque. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Situated in Uptown, the Sheraton's rooms are all air-conditioned and offer city or mountain views.
The Hotel Albuquerque is located in the heart of Old Town, offering first-class accommodations and amenities, including two on-site restaurants and bars, and an outdoor swimming pool.