Visit Moab, US
Where vibrant red sandstone cliffs rise along the banks of the raging Colorado River, the city of Moab emerges like an oasis on the high desert landscape.
Home to three scenic byways and located in the midst of such wonders as Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, the La Sal mountains and Dead Horse Point State Park, Moab is the perfect base for exploring the rugged beauty of southern Utah. The town itself was founded in the 1880s but it wasn't until the 1950s, when uranium was discovered in the nearby hills, that the city boomed.
Today it is the ideal hub for exploring the stark beauty of the region and offers a wide variety of outdoor activities such as mountain biking, 4x4 tours and white-water rafting.
Map of Moab
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Moab
- Arches National Park 16 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 40 kilometers away
- Grand Junction 103 kilometers away
- Torrey 166 kilometers away
- Telluride 168 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 178 kilometers away
- Utah 181 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 182 kilometers away
- Durango 206 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 215 kilometers away
- Aspen 245 kilometers away
- Page 250 kilometers away
- Bryce Canyon National Park 255 kilometers away
- Vail 299 kilometers away
- Salt Lake City 316 kilometers away
- Zion National Park 338 kilometers away
- Alamosa 346 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 359 kilometers away
- Colorado 359 kilometers away
- Estes Park 400 kilometers away
- Winslow 409 kilometers away
- Colorado Springs 412 kilometers away
- Denver 415 kilometers away
- Flagstaff 420 kilometers away
- Santa Fe 454 kilometers away
- Sedona 457 kilometers away
- Albuquerque 467 kilometers away
Photos of Moab
Accommodation choices for Moab
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Moab. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Set amidst extensive green pastures alongside the Colorado River and surrounded by southern Utah's dramatic rock formations and wide-open desert skies, Sorrel River Ranch provides a luxurious base from which to explore the Canyonlands and Arches national parks.
Situated high on the banks of the Colorado River, the Red Cliffs Lodge is 15 miles outside Moab and offers comfortable accomodations in a dramatic setting.
Located in the heart of Moab, within walking distance of local restaurants and just a short drive from Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, this hotel is a great place to base yourself whilst exploring the local area's highlights.
The Aarchway Inn is a simple yet comfortable hotel nestled between the picturesque Red Rock Cliffs and buttes of the Colorado River.
Ideas for experiencing Moab
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Moab, and which use the best local guides.
This full day Needles 4x4 trip goes to a region of Canyonlands National Park which is, perhaps, one of the park's best -kept secrets.
This adventurous trip combines an interpretive trip of Arches National Park with an exciting 4x4 trip.
This Island in the Sky 4x4 excursion will give you a completely different taste of the wild canyonlands landscapes as you wind through a spectacular landscape with towering rocks and deep canyons.