Nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and next to the placid waters of the Great Salt Lake, the eponymous city is a prime destination for travelers interested in outdoor sports.
Salt Lake City hosted the Winter Olympics in 2002 and although the athletes have departed, the revitalization that was completed in preparation for the games is still evident.
Headquarters of the Mormon Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, many of the city's principal attractions focus on their history, especially the monumental temple itself, where visitors can hear the uplifting Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Map of Salt Lake City
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Salt Lake City
- Utah 166 kilometers away
- Torrey 277 kilometers away
- Arches National Park 302 kilometers away
- Moab 316 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 321 kilometers away
- Grand Teton National Park 327 kilometers away
- Grand Junction 342 kilometers away
- Bryce Canyon National Park 354 kilometers away
- Zion National Park 407 kilometers away
- Page 430 kilometers away
- Yellowstone National Park 442 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 447 kilometers away
- Wyoming 448 kilometers away
- Aspen 466 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 471 kilometers away
- Telluride 472 kilometers away
- Cody 479 kilometers away
Photos of Salt Lake City
Accommodation choices for Salt Lake City
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Salt Lake City. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.