Founded by Buffalo Bill Cody in 1896, this eponymous town became the home of his Wild West show which toured the country for over 30 years and still invokes the frontier spirit to this day. The Irma Hotel, established by Buffalo Bill in 1902, has Western style entertainment on hand nearly every night, whilst the Cody Night Rodeo, in operation for 60 years, offers thrilling daily shows during the summer.
Cody is a great place to soak up the spirit of the Old West. A highlight of the town is the Buffalo Bill Historical Center, which was originally founded in 1912, and comprises several distinct museums including the Buffalo Bill Museum, Whitney Gallery of Western Art, the Plains Indian Museum, the Cody Firearms Museum and the Draper Museum of Natural History.
Other attractions include Old Trail Town which exhibits a collection of authentic Victorian buildings from the surrounding region and a host of Wild West shops. Don't leave town without investing in some cowboy boots, or at least a hand-crafted belt or buckle.
Map of Cody
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Cody
- Yellowstone National Park 116 kilometers away
- Billings 148 kilometers away
- Sheridan 169 kilometers away
- Grand Teton National Park 176 kilometers away
- Wyoming 215 kilometers away
- Montana 265 kilometers away
- Butte 319 kilometers away
- Deadwood 424 kilometers away
- Custer 444 kilometers away
- Keystone 456 kilometers away
- Rapid City 467 kilometers away
- Salt Lake City 479 kilometers away