Nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and next to the placid waters of the Great Salt Lake, the eponymous city is a prime destination for travelers interested in outdoor sports.
Salt Lake City hosted the Winter Olympics in 2002 and although the athletes have departed, the revitalization that was completed in preparation for the games is still evident.
Headquarters of the Mormon Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, many of the city's principal attractions focus on their history, especially the monumental temple itself, where visitors can hear the up-lifting Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Suggested itinerary featuring Salt Lake City
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Salt Lake City, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Salt Lake City
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Salt Lake City
- Utah 103 miles away
- Torrey 173 miles away
- Arches National Park 188 miles away
- Moab 196 miles away
- Canyonlands National Park 200 miles away
- Grand Teton National Park 203 miles away
- Grand Junction 213 miles away
- Bryce Canyon National Park 220 miles away
- Jackson — Grand Teton National Park 221 miles away
- Zion National Park 253 miles away
- Page 267 miles away
- Yellowstone National Park 275 miles away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 278 miles away
- Wyoming 279 miles away
- Aspen 290 miles away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 293 miles away
- Telluride 293 miles away
- Cody 298 miles away
Photos of Salt Lake City
Accommodation choices for Salt Lake City
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Salt Lake City. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.