The port city of Marquette is situated on Michigan's tranquil Upper Peninsula.
Despite making up 29% of the state's land area, the Upper Peninsula contains just 3% of Michigan's population and its picturesque forests, lakes and mountains make it an ideal place to get away from it all.
The area contains more than 150 waterfalls, along with an array of mammals, birdlife and reptiles; from black bears and wolves to bald eagles and bats. Fishing, kayaking and white-water rafting are popular pursuits in the area along with skiing in the winter.
In the town itself, you can explore the region's mining history and Native American roots in the numerous museums, along with the iconic wooden Superior Dome stadium. There are also a number of popular beaches nearby as well.
Map of Marquette
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Marquette
- Door Peninsula 182 kilometers away
- Isle Royale National Park 198 kilometers away
- Mackinac Island 227 kilometers away
- Green Bay 232 kilometers away
- Traverse City and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore 242 kilometers away
- Wisconsin 283 kilometers away
- Michigan 315 kilometers away
- Milwaukee 394 kilometers away
- Minneapolis and St Paul 483 kilometers away