An isolated farming community until recently, Mai Chau is slowly opening its doors to visitors.
The stunning scenery and engaging White Thai inhabitants, make a stop here a truly memorable experience.
Mong and H'mong people
Hopping on a bicycle and heading into the more simple and tranquil villages that are dotted around the area is a fantastic way to discover traditional village life in full swing. You will not have to stray far to encounter both Mong and H’mong people, and you are likely to stumble across women weaving under their stilted houses and children playing in the streams, as well as local farmers at work in the fields with their water buffalo.
Map of Mai Chau
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mai Chau
- Ky Son 66 kilometers away
- Hanoi 89 kilometers away
- Ninh Binh 104 kilometers away
- Mu Cang Chai 169 kilometers away
- Halong Bay 210 kilometers away
- Sapa & the Tonkinese Alps 229 kilometers away
- Dien Bien Phu 229 kilometers away
- Northwest Vietnam 229 kilometers away
- Lao Cai 235 kilometers away
- Ha Giang 241 kilometers away
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park 361 kilometers away
Photos of Mai Chau
Accommodation choices for Mai Chau
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Mai Chau. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.