An isolated farming community until recently, Mai Chau is slowly opening its doors to visitors.
The stunning scenery and engaging White Thai inhabitants, make a stop here a truly memorable experience.
Mong and H'mong people
Hopping on a bicycle and heading into the more simple and tranquil villages that are dotted around the area is a fantastic way to discover traditional village life in full swing. You will not have to stray far to encounter both Mong and H’mong people, and you are likely to stumble across women weaving under their stilted houses and children playing in the streams, as well as local farmers at work in the fields with their water buffalos.
Suggested Mai Chau itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Mai Chau, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Mai Chau
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mai Chau
- Ky Son 68 kilometers away
- Hanoi 90 kilometers away
- Ninh Binh 103 kilometers away
- Mu Cang Chai 161 kilometers away
- Halong Bay 211 kilometers away
- Dien Bien Phu 230 kilometers away
- Northwest Vietnam 230 kilometers away
- Sapa & the Tonkinese Alps 231 kilometers away
- Lao Cai 236 kilometers away
- Ha Giang 243 kilometers away
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park 358 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Mai Chau
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Mai Chau. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.